Mathew J. Morton is a Senior Partner at Lipsitz, Ponterio & Comerford, LLC. Since joining the firm in 2009, Mathew J. Morton has obtained over $50 million dollars in settlements on behalf of the firm’s clients. Mr. Morton’s work focuses on the representation of individuals who have suffered injuries as a result of exposure to asbestos and other toxic substances. His practice is focused in asbestos and mesothelioma litigation, coke oven emissions, FELA cases, automobile accidents and personal injury.
- In November 2019, John Comerford and Mathew Morton obtained a jury verdict in the amount of $8 million dollars on behalf of Wayne Meissner, a former civil engineer at Eastman Kodak in Rochester, New York, for injuries resulting from exposure to asbestos on the job. From 1970 through 1971, he monitored and inspected a job involving the spray application of asbestos-containing fireproofing, performed by Ridge Construction, a subsidiary of Eastman Kodak. Ridge failed to warn Mr. Meissner of the risks of exposure to asbestos and also failed to protect him from exposure to its work with this deadly material. The jury awarded the Meissner family a total of $8 million for past and future pain and suffering and loss of services. 80% of the award was attributed to the wrongdoing of Ridge and 20% to other responsible parties. The jury also found that the conduct of Ridge was reckless.
- In August 2014, Michael Ponterio, together with attorney, Mathew Morton, obtained a Bench Trial Decision awarding $3 million dollars to a former Durez worker.
- In March 2012, Michael Ponterio together with attorney Matt Morton, obtained a jury verdict in the amount of $325,000 on behalf of a Former Durez Plant Worker who was diagnosed with lung cancer.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- New York State Bar Association