Donald and Kristiana Gipson and their two children lost their home to a fire on January 14, 2000. The insurance company refused to pay the Gipsons the insurance proceeds for over a year. As a result of the fire, the Gipsons lost all of their possessions and lived in a small apartment. An investigation by the Buffalo Fire Department showed that the fire was accidentally caused by a dryer in the laundry room. After several months of intense litigation, the Gipson’s insurance company finally agreed to pay them the fire insurance proceeds. They will buy a new home with the settlement.

See also  W.R. Grace Establishes A Bankruptcy Trust For Asbestos-Related Diseases