- Lipsitz & Ponterio Hosts Norton Labs Meeting in Lockport On June 22, 2016, Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, held an open meeting for former workers and retirees of Norton Labs at Elks Lodge #41 on North Canal Road in Lockport.
- $6.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Mesothelioma Case for Worker Exposed to Asbestos as Summer Help Lipsitz & Ponterio recently settled a mesothelioma case on behalf of a former warehouse worker whose only exposure to asbestos occurred during summers while he was a college student.
- Mesothelioma – Asbestos Exposure at Republic Steel Lipsitz & Ponterio, LLC, recently represented two former Republic Steel workers who died from mesothelioma, a cancer caused by exposure to asbestos.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Represents Families Injured by Defective Products Many of our clients, as well as the Western New York community as a whole, identify our firm with asbestos litigation, especially mesothelioma cases. While this area is certainly where we concentrate our practice, it is important to know that asbestos litigation is part of a broader area of law known as products liability.
- Western New York Lawmakers Crack Down on Negligent Property Owners In the wake of the Flint, Michigan, water crisis, Western New York’s lawmakers are reviewing the effectiveness of laws and policies aimed at protecting children from lead poisoning. While lead-contaminated water was the culprit in the recent public health crisis in Flint, lead paint in older homes (particularly in inner-city areas) remains the primary source of childhood lead poisoning in New York State.
- Appeals Court Upholds $3 Million Verdict in Asbestos Case The Buffalo NewsGerald Suttner never lived to see his landmark court victory. The former pipefitter at General Motor Co.’s engine plant in Tonawanda died at age 77 in 2011, well before New York’s highest court upheld a verdict on behalf of his widow.
- Lipsitz & Ponterio Discusses Products Liability Law with Buffalo State College Students In October 2016, Lipsitz & Ponterio hosted a discussion with a group of students and their professor from Buffalo State College on the subject of the ethical responsibilities that a manufacturer has to the users of its products.
- Attorney Ryan D. Ledebur Joins Lipsitz & Ponterio We are pleased to announce that Ryan D. Ledebur has joined the firm as an associate attorney. Mr. Ledebur focuses his practice on representing individuals suffering from occupational diseases, including mesothelioma and lung cancer.