Anne E. Joynt is a Partner at Lipsitz, Ponterio & Comerford, LLC. Anne has spent her entire legal career at the firm, having joined straight out of law school in 2005. She focuses her practice on representing those affected by childhood lead poisoning, and also has experience in other cases including those involving asbestos exposure, motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, and defective products. She also represents clients who sustained abuse as children. She has participated in all aspects of a personal injury case, including trial. In October of 2014, she, along with Joseph Kremer and Zachary Woods, was on the trial team that obtained what is believed to be the first jury verdict on behalf of a lead-poisoned plaintiff in Erie County history. She also regularly argues motions before trial courts, and has written Briefs and argued at the appellate level, as well.
- President – University at Buffalo School of Law Alumni Association (2020 until 2021). Ms. Joynt served continuously on the Board of Directors from 2013 to 2021 in a variety of roles including Vice President, Assistant Secretary and Co-Chair of the Annual Dinner Committee from 2014-2016. She previously served as the Chair of the UB Law Mentoring Program from 2018 to 2019, and has been a law student mentor from 2008 until present. Ms. Joynt also served as Co-Chair for the University at Buffalo School of Law Annual Appeal for the 2013 to 2014 school year. In addition, Ms. Joynt served as the President of the UB Law Alumni GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) Group from 2011 until 2012, and served on that committee continuously from 2008 until 2013.
- Past President – Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter (2017-2018). Ms. Joynt served on the Board of Directors continuously from 2009 until 2019.
- Corresponding Secretary – Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York. Ms. Joynt was elected to serve from 2015 until 2016. She also has served as the Press and Public Relations Committee Chair from 2018 until 2020, and as the Chair of the Equal Opportunity in the Profession Committee from 2016 until 2017. She was also appointed to serve on the Nominations Task Force from 2018-2020.
- Member – Bar Association of Erie County Board of Directors. Ms. Joynt was elected to serve from 2013-2016. She was also elected to serve on the Nominations Committee from 2017 until 2020.
- Member- Erie County Bar Association Aid to Indigent Prisoners Society, Inc. (2018 to 2021). Ms. Joynt also serves as the Chair of the Search Committee presently.
- Member- Minority Bar Association of Western New York Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors (2015 to 2021). Ms. Joynt served as Secretary of the Minority Bar Foundation from 2016 until 2019.
- Member- National Federation for Just Communities of WNY, Inc (2018 until present).
- Member- Girls on the Run Buffalo Board of Directors (2020 to present).
- Co-Chair – SUNY Geneseo Regional Board of Directors (2013 to 2020). Ms. Joynt previously served on this committee from 2010 until 2013. Ms. Joynt also currently serves on the State University of New York at Geneseo English Advisory Board.
- Previous Instructor of Trial Advocacy at SUNY Buffalo Law School