Bondex International, Inc.

History:  Bondex International was founded in 1959 by its parent company, the Reardon Company, when it registered Bondex’s trademark.  The company is located in Medina County, Ohio.   In 1966, the Reardon Company was acquired by Republic Powdered Metals, more commonly known as RPM, Inc.  RPM, Inc.’s name was changed to SPHC in 2010 prior to […]

Read More

American Olean Tile Company

The origins of the American Olean Tile Company date back to 1912 when it was founded by Charles T. Fuller and O.W. Pierce as the Olean Tile Company in Olean, New York.  With the hire of an Alfred University ceramics student, Gordon D. Philips, the company’s tile business steadily grew in the decades that followed.  […]

Read More

Plasterers Local 9

Plasterers Local 9 represents union plasterers in Western New York. In 1864, Local 9 became a charter member of the Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association (OPCMIA). Local 9 in North Tonawanda is also a member of the Buffalo Buildings and Construction Trades Council. Up until the late 1970s, Local 9 Plasterers applied dozens […]

Read More

Laborers Local 91 – Niagara Falls

Laborers’ Local 91 represents union laborers in Niagara County. In 1935, Local 91 was originally founded as the International Hod Carriers’ Building and Common Laborers’ Union of America. Local 91 in Niagara Falls is affiliated with the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA). The members of Local 91 are involved in various types of […]

Read More

Laborers Local 210

Local 210 of the Laborers’ International Union of North America represents union laborers in Erie County. Chartered in 1913, the laborers’ union has jurisdiction over various types of construction, including concrete pouring; road construction; asbestos and hazardous material abatement; and job site cleanup. Local 210 laborers participated in nearly every major construction project and worked […]

Read More

International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Union Local #7

Local 7 of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers is a labor union that represents boilermakers throughout Western and Central New York. Headquartered in Orchard Park, New York, Local 7 became one of the first boilermakers’ unions in the United States when it received its charter in 1881 from […]

Read More

Ironworkers Local 6 – Buffalo

Local 6 of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers represents union ironworkers in a large portion of Western New York. Headquartered in West Seneca, New York, Local 6 has jurisdiction over iron work in Erie and Cattaraugus Counties, as well as parts of Chautauqua, Allegany, Wyoming and Steuben Counties. Chartered in […]

Read More

Ironworkers Local 9 – Niagara Falls

Local 9 of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Ironworkers is a labor union that represents ironworkers in Niagara County. Founded in 1902, Local 9 is one of the oldest ironworkers’ unions in the United States. Headquartered in Niagara Falls, the union has jurisdiction over all iron work in Niagara County, as […]

Read More

Heat & Frost Insulators Local 4 Buffalo

Local 4 of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers is a labor union that represents insulators in Western New York and Northwestern Pennsylvania. Headquartered in Buffalo, New York, Local 4 was one of the original local unions that comprised the international union chartered by the American Federation of Labor (AFL) […]

Read More

Electricians Local 41

International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 41 represents union electricians in Erie County. In 1891, Local 41 was originally founded as part of the National Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Local 41 is based in Orchard Park, New York, and is a member of the Buffalo Building and Construction Trades Council. Members of Local 41 […]

Read More

Chevrolet Buffalo

Chevrolet Buffalo, which was in operation from 1923 to 2007, was one of the oldest continuously operated manufacturing facilities in Western New York. Located at 1001 East Delavan Avenue near Bailey Avenue, it opened in 1923 as a Chevrolet assembly plant. Civilian production of the passenger automobile halted during World War II. After the war […]

Read More